Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quesadilla

I've been really getting into Mexican food. I am sure I am not getting the essence of Mexican cuisine with my taco and fajita nights at home but I find them to be pretty quick and easy meals to prepare at home. I've always enjoyed eating Quesadilla at restaurants so I thought to myself "why not try this at home?". The concept seemed pretty simple. Flour tortilla with cheese in the middle; sorta like Grilled cheese but with tortillas. (I really hope I am not offending anybody with this remark. If I am, I apologize.) I grilled some onions and spinach in a separate pan with my mix of cajun seasoning. Then in another pan, I put a tortilla down, put blended cheese of Monterey and Cheddar in the middle and spread the onion and spinach on top and covered it with another tortilla. Flip it after few minutes and make sure both sides are nicely browned. Serve with a side of guacamole, sour cream and salsa. The key here is to make sure the pan has enough butter or oil on it so that the tortilla doesn't stick to the pan. Otherwise, flipping it would be extremely hard and you may end up with a hold in the tortilla. And the beauty of this dish is that you can pretty much customize however you want it. You can add meat, mushrooms, olives and etc. I am going to attempt to make my own tortilla and see how that goes. I am not sure if it would be worth it to make my own but heck, why not. Right? Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment